Cutting Out Your Face
Once you erase the face from the original image, it’s time to start using the Magic Extractor. To use this tool, follow the below directions:
1. Open the photo with the face that you want to use.
2. Make an oval selection around the face that you want to superimpose over the other photograph. Make a wide circle right now, and make sure that you have all of your face in the image.
3. Next, go to Image and then Magic Extractor.
4. Either click on the section of the image that you want to keep or draw lines around it.
5. Now, select the Background Brush. Use this tool to draw lines or click on the areas of the image that you don’t want to keep. Zoom into your photograph during this and previous step to ensure that you are selecting the correct parts of the photograph. You can use either the Hand or Zoom tool for this step.
6. Pick a brush size, and either select the Background Color or Foreground Color swatch.
7. Select a new color from the Color Picker, and hit OK.
8. Hit the Preview button to see how your image looks. If the wrong items are selected, hit the Original Photos button on the Display menu. You can hit the letter “X" on your keyboard to compare your selection with your original image. If you don’t like the background selection and want to change it, go to the Background menu and choose a different option.