- slide 1 of 3
What is Podcatcher Software?
Podcatcher software regularly checks for new podcasts and then downloads them to your computer or music player to be watched or listened to at your convenience. Music podcasts are generally used for band promotional clips. Now, let's see how to create music podcasts in few simple steps.
- slide 2 of 3
How to Create Music Podcasts?
Given below is a step-by-step guide for creating music podcasts:
- Create and record your own music content. Save the completed music by using maximum quality in the native format of your audio platform. This will assist you in going back and editing or reusing it to have a good version.
- Once this is done, save the file in MP3 format as this is the default standard for podcasts. Use the minimum bit rate that gives a good outcome; ensure that you save it with ‘.mp3’ extension.
- Save the MP3 file to the web server and examine it with a MP3 player.
- Create your own podcast feed; these are nothing but RSS files (text file linking to your MP3 file) which tell about your podcast. Text editors can be used to create RSS feed. Nevertheless, most of them use blogging applications or other programs to automatically create news feeds.
- Transfer your RSS feed to the webserver and validate it by making use of an online RSS validator. Once validated, the podcast can be published on the web.
- Your music podcast is now created and published. You just need to publicize it.
- Most important of all, add your site to the podcast directory.
And, that's it; you're done!
- slide 3 of 3
Tips for Making Great Music Podcasts
Here are a few handy tips to create great music podcasts:
1. Use a versatile music program for recording your music content. Audacity is one great option to be considered as it is a free open source cross platform allows you to mix several audio files. For Macintosh, Garageband is a good choice as it is powerful and free.
The suggested minimum bit rates to give good results are:
a) 64k+ Stereo- music, music & talk combination
b) 128k Stereo- good quality music
2. Use a good microphone for recording your music and keep it at a constant distance to get non-distorted music.
3. Ensure that you save the audio file in MP3 format. In case you are using any other format, some users may not be able to access it.
4. Make sure that you ping the suitable services after updating your music show.
Remember, YouTube is a great place to start a video podcast, but you must ensure that you have the rights to play music files.
5. Make use of the famous social bookmarking tool del.icio.us to create and manage the RSS feed of your podcast.
Tip: Create a bookmark for each of the MP3 files that are hosted on the net so that accessing becomes easier later.