Tips for Making Great Music Podcasts
Here are a few handy tips to create great music podcasts:
1. Use a versatile music program for recording your music content. Audacity is one great option to be considered as it is a free open source cross platform allows you to mix several audio files. For Macintosh, Garageband is a good choice as it is powerful and free.
The suggested minimum bit rates to give good results are:
a) 64k+ Stereo- music, music & talk combination
b) 128k Stereo- good quality music
2. Use a good microphone for recording your music and keep it at a constant distance to get non-distorted music.
3. Ensure that you save the audio file in MP3 format. In case you are using any other format, some users may not be able to access it.
4. Make sure that you ping the suitable services after updating your music show.
Remember, YouTube is a great place to start a video podcast, but you must ensure that you have the rights to play music files.
5. Make use of the famous social bookmarking tool del.icio.us to create and manage the RSS feed of your podcast.
Tip: Create a bookmark for each of the MP3 files that are hosted on the net so that accessing becomes easier later.