How Night Owls Save More Money
Surprisingly, extreme night owls have similar savings opportunities because they can take advantage of bargains offered during non-peak hours. Here are a few savings that give night owls something to hoot about at night:
1. Late hour specials -- as the flip side of the early morning specials, these discounts illustrate how retailers love to play both sides to keep traffic moving continuously through their stores from opening to close.
2. Night classes -- advancing one's education can be an enriching experience and boost one's lifetime earnings power. Most in-person degree programs and course studies are offered after the normal working day, thus favoring the night owls.
3. Lower electricity costs -- during the summer months, night owls escape higher electricity bills by gearing their activities toward the cool of the evening, and likewise during the winter months they save on their heating bills by sleeping through the coldest temperatures just before sunrise.
4. Off peak cell phone rates -- appearing more generous for the night owls, night time rates typically begin at 9:01 p.m. -- a time when night owls are just getting started with their nocturnal routine.
5. Theme park late admissions -- by arriving and staying later, night owls can receive 20% to 50% discounts offered by some theme parks after 4:00 p.m.
6. Midnight product launches -- if you have ever been to the premiere of a Harry Potter book or movie, then you are familiar with the many freebies (games, snacks, and door prizes) offered to night owl attendees.