- slide 1 of 3
Five Cheap Home Made Valentine's Day Gifts
You do not need to spend a lot of money this Valentine's Day in order to impress your sweetie. All you need to do is be creative and thoughtful and the rest will come easily. Here are five simple and inexpensive ideas for your Valentine.
1. Make dinner for your special someone. Everyone likes a home-cooked meal, so make a special dish that you know he or she will love. You can make it romantic by lighting candles and playing light dinner music. You can also pop open a bottle of champagne (which is also very inexpensive).
2. If cooking is not your thing, try giving your sweetheart a personalized candy bag or basket. Instead of just buying any box of chocolates, find the different candies she or he really loves and put them all together in a basket. If there is a funny story behind a certain type of candy, put that in there too (with or without a note recalling the memory). You can also stick in some festive Valentine's Day heart candies as well for decoration, along with cut out hearts to fill the basket.
3. Make a CD of both of your favorite songs. Any songs that bring back certain memories that you both shared should be burned onto the CD. You can also put certain songs on that remind you of that person. Write up a love note to along with it to state why you chose the songs you did. You can then create a CD case by printing out a picture of the two or you or gluing a picture on a CD case.
4. Cut out a few hearts out of red and pink construction paper and write on each one a reason why you love the other person. Then when you are finished, you can take two larger heart shapes and staple them together (but leave the top unstapled) and place all your hearts inside. This will serve as an envelope to keep your heart shaped love reasons in.
5. Make a collage of pictures of the two of you. You can have the pictures tell the story of how you two met. You can make this in a scrapbook or just on a large poster board.
Just remember to be creative and thoughtful this Valentine's Day and your loved one will be impressed.
- slide 2 of 3
Martha Stewart, http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/valentines-day-gifts
- slide 3 of 3
Valentine Cookies. (Supplied by Aine D at Flickr; Creative Commons 2.0; http://www.flickr.com/photos/dainec/4925756/)