Windows Mobile Microsoft Facebook - Interface
For those of you who have never used the Microsoft Facebook Application before, here is a complete breakdown of the individual Facebook tab and sub-menu system.
The user interface is designed with a top task-bar which is separated into individual tabs; each tab has its own sub-menu system and hot-key option. Users navigate by selecting the corresponding tab, and each sub-menu can be accessed by pressing the arrows across the edge of the task-bar or alternatively by swiping your finger left or right across the screen.
Home - This is the first tab in the top task-bar. You can browse all recently posted information and photos by easily scrolling through the provided list. The menu system for the Home tab is as follows (from left to right):
- News Feed.
- Status Updates.
Profile – This is the second tab in the top task-bar. It allows you to browse all aspects of your personal profile including personal information and lists, recent activities and posts and personal photos and albums. The sub-menu system for the Profile tab is as follows (left to right):
- Wall (Personal).
- Info (Personal).
- Photos (Personal).
Friends – This is of course the third tab in the top task-bar. It gives a basic top to bottom list of your entire Facebook friend collection. From this tab you can browse, and search for specific Facebook contacts. The listing also shows the most recent status update for all contacts (filtered by the most recent posts). Users have the option to filter the list into everyone in Facebook contacts, everyone with their most recent status updates, and only friends with recent status updates (filters out everyone else).
- Everyone- Shows entire Facebook friend list, status updates only show for those who posted recently.
- Everyone w/ Updates- Shows entire Facebook friend list, the most recent status update shows for every person even if the update was posted before an expired period.
- Only Status Update Friends- Filters the list to only show friends who have recently posted a status update.
Inbox – This tab is the fourth tab in the top task-bar. The inbox tab is mainly used for private communication and interaction. The Inbox sub-menu system is as follows:
- Inbox- Shows all private messages which have yet to be deleted, both read and unread.
- Sent- Shows all recently sent private messages.
- Notifications- Works like the Facebook Notifications tab, provides all recent posts and activities which pertain to you.
- Requests- Displays all pending friend requests.
Phonebook – This is the fifth, and last, tab in the top task-bar. The Phonebook tab is basically a long list of personal contact numbers for Facebook friends. While browsing through the list users can either call a contact directly, send an SMS or text message, or even send an MMS or media message.