Worried about how you can unlock your Nokia 6300 phone? Here we describe the process of unlocking the Nokia 6300 by following simple steps.
The advantage of unlocking your phone is that you will be able to use any SIM card from anywhere in the world. It is totally legal, and you can unlock your mobile at very low cost.
The first step to unlock the Nokia 6300 is to contact your service provider, and ask for the unlock code. It is best to take the help of your service provider before going for another solution. If you have been a good customer for some time, they will definitely provide you the unlock code for free.
If you could not find the unlock code from your service provider then here is the step by step procedure to unlock your Nokia 6300.
Download the Unlocking Software
The first step of this procedure is to download good unlocking software. These software packages are available on the web; just search for and download them. These software options are free to download from some websites, however, if they don’t work, you may need to purchase a software solution. They are programmed to generate unlocking codes for any phone.
You can use the service of Unlocking.com. This company offers good service at a low cost.
Find the Serial Number
The next step is to find the serial number of your phone. This serial number is nothing but your IMEI number.
How to Use the Software
Now it’s time to use the downloaded software. The software will ask for the name of the manufacturer, the model number, and IMEI number. You may also be required to enter your country and network name. Here are the steps to use the software.
- Entre ‘Nokia’ in the space for manufacturer.
- Enter the model number, i.e., Nokia 6300.
- Enter the IMEI number.
- Enter country and the name of the network.
When all the required information has been entered, you will get the desired unlocking code for your Nokia 6300. Now, you will need to follow some steps to use the unlocking code.
Remove the SIM
The next step is to remove the SIM from your mobile. It is very simple; just remove the back cover of the mobile, remove the battery, and slide the SIM card out. Now, fix the battery and back cover back in place, and power the phone on.
Use the Unlocking Code
You will get the unlocking code like #yp+526789257845692+7#, as an example to understand the process easily. Now, follow the instructions given below.
- When you switch on your phone, you will see the message ‘insert SIM’. You just enter all the characters and digits in your code including # symbol.
Ignore any spaces in the code.
- When your phone is unlocked, you will get the message ‘SIM is not restricted’ or ‘Restriction off’.
Now, switch the phone off.
Hold the key ‘3’, ‘*’, and ‘call’ and switch the phone on.
Hold those keys till you see the word ‘formatting’.
Now, the whole process has been completed. You have to follow some precautions and warnings to unlock the mobile successfully.
Warnings and Precautions
- The battery must be fully charged to avoid any interruption.
- The whole process can be used for any other mobile; actually you can use the process only for GSM phones, some more advanced software and hardware is required for any other cellular technologies.
- Nokia offers only 5 tries to unlock the phone. After 5 attempts the phone becomes ‘hard-locked’. It means you will require special equipment to unlock.
The whole process is based upon only three steps: download good unlocking software, enter the required information, and use the code to your phone. You only need to follow the steps accurately, and keep the warnings and precautions in your mind all the time. That's how to unlock the Nokia 6300.