Looking for more information about the AT&T iPhone family plans? Be in the know on different messaging, minutes, and data options for the family iPhone plans.
Introduction to the iPhone
The Apple iPhone is exclusively available only through AT&T, limiting the variety of iPhone family plans available. This, of course, is one of the few negative points of the iPhone. However, there are still several family iPhone plans that are reasonably priced and offer a slew of convenient features. There are two primary models of the iPhone available on the offical AT&T website at ATT.com, the latest iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS (8GB). Brand new models as well as refurbished models are available, although the type of model doesn't necessarily mean a better priced family plan.
Apple iPhone Family Plan Options: Talk Time
"The best iPhone family plan," is purely arbitrary in that it depends on the needs of the consumer. Undoubtedly, the main feature a person needs in a high-powered cell phone is good call quality and a convenient minutes plan. The iPhone's roll-over minutes and free mobile to mobile (AT&T to AT&T) minutes is definitely a huge perk. The minutes breakdown for the family plan is as follows:
- iPhone Unlimited FamilyTalk Plan pricing: $119.99/month (two lines). Each additional line is $49.99/month.
- iPhone Nation 2100 FamilyTalk Plan pricing: $109.99/month (two lines). Each additional line is $9.99/month.
- iPhone Nation 1400 FamilyTalk Plan pricing: $89.99 (two lines). Each additional line is $9.99/month.
- iPhone Nation 700 FamilyTalk Plan pricing: $69.99 (two lines). Each additional line is $9.99/month.
- iPhone Nation 550 FamilyTalk Plan pricing: $59.99 (two lines). Each additional line is $9.99/month.
Apple iPhone Family Data Plan Options:
The great thing about the iPhone family plan is that it can be customized for the consumer's convenience. There are three sets of data options available:
- Datapro 2GB with tethering- $45/month. Tethering allows the user to use the phone as an internet modem.
- Datapro 2GB- $25/month.
- Dataplus 200MB-$15/month.
For those that don't use the data plan for downloading, the Dataplus 200MB option may be the way to go. However, 2GB of data is recommended for consistent web surfing and downloads. Keep in mind that this is a per line monthly price and cannot be changed throughout the duration of the two-year contract.
Apple iPhone Family Text Messaging Plan Options
The best option for a family text messaging plan is the unlimited text for $30/month. However, there are several other options as well:
- Messaging unlimited for Families: $30/month.
- Messaging 1500: $15/month.
- Messaging 200: $5/month.
Unlike the data plan, the text messaging plan is optional. However, there will be a $0.20 fee per text message if no messaging plan is on the account.
Ultimately, there is no absolute best when it comes to iPhone family plans. The best iPhone family plans are those that are customized on an individual basis, based on data needs, messaging needs, and talk time needed. Individual and family iPhone plans are set to release for Verizon Wireless in 2011, which should definitely increase the competition and potentially lead to better and more affordable overall family plans for the iPhone.
Check out How to Choose an AT&T iPhone Plan for more on the subject.