- slide 1 of 5
US Cellular is most common in the midwestern United States and is not available in all parts of the country. Therefore the first thing you should do if you are considering this carrier is to search with your zip code to determine if coverage is available in your area. US Cellular phone plans come with either national or wide area coverage and there are both individual and family plans. Wide area plans are for those who make most of their calls from certain regions of the country while national plans are for those who travel often and make calls from all over the country. US Cellular also has several prepaid plans and some of the best plans from the carrier are outlined below. All plans come with free incoming calls, text and picture messages.
- slide 2 of 5
US Cellular has four national and seven wide area individual plans ranging in price from $40 to $150. Here are the details of the three cheapest individual plans with US Cellular.
- Wide Area 700: This plans comes with 700 anytime minutes and calls must originate from places within the wide area coverage. Unlimited night and weekend calling starting at 9 p.m. and unlimited mobile to mobile calling each cost an addition $6 per month. Each minute above the allocated minutes costs 49 cents.
- National 450: The National 450 plan comes with 450 anytime minutes originating from anywhere in the U.S. with U.S. Cellular coverage. Unlimited nights and weekend calling costs an extra $8 per month and unlimited mobile to mobile calling costs an extra $6 per month. The additional minute rate is 49 cents a minute.
- National 1000: This plan comes with 1000 anytime minutes, with calls originating anywhere in the U.S., unlimited nights and weekend minutes starting at 7 p.m. and unlimited mobile to mobile calling.
- slide 3 of 5
There are 10 national and 12 wide area family plans offered by US Cellular. They range in price from $60 to $200. All family plans come with two lines. A maximum of five lines per plan is allowed and each additional line costs $10 per month. Here are the three cheapest family plans available with US Cellular.
- Wide Area Family 750: This plan comes with 750 anytime minutes to be shared among plan members and costs $60 per month. It comes in two options either with nights and weekends minutes or with unlimited mobile to mobile calling. If you choose one of the options over the other, the other feature costs $10 per month if you want it.
- National Family 550: This plan comes with 550 anytime minutes to be shared among plan members and costs $60 per month. The plan comes with either nights and weekend minutes or with unlimited mobile to mobile calling. If you choose the former, unlimited mobile to mobile calling costs an additional $10 per month. If you choose the latter, unlimited nights and weekend calling costs an additional $14 per month.
- National Family 1000 Promotion: This plan is currently being offered at a huge discount as part of a promotion (as of August 2010). It comes with 1000 anytime minutes to be shared among members of the plan with unlimited mobile to mobile calling and unlimited nights and weekend minutes all for $70 per month.
- slide 4 of 5
There are various US Cellular prepaid phone plans for those that want the freedom from a binding contract or credit check. The plans range from the $6 pay-as-you-go plan at 15 cents a minute to the $70 per month plan with unlimited talk, text, picture, video messaging and web. There is a wide selection of phones to choose from ranging in price from about $20 to $130. Unlike many other prepaid services, US Cellular offers many of its more sophisticated phones with its prepaid service.
- slide 5 of 5
US Cellular, http://www.uscellular.com/uscellular/