- slide 1 of 3
Basic Features of the LG Optimus S
The LG Optimus S is an Android smartphone with many features. This part of the LG Optimus S user guide deals with the basic features including making calls, answering calls, and dialing options.
- To make a call, press the Home Key and then press the Call Key. Enter a phone number with the on-screen dialpad.
- To adjust the volume during the call, use the Up and Down Volume button.
- To place a second call on hold, press the on-screen option Add Call.
- To place the call on speakerphone or to use a Bluetooth device, press the respective on-screen option.
- To answer an incoming call, touch and drag the green Call Key to the right.
- To ignore an incoming call and direct it to voicemail, touch and drag the red End Call Key to the left.
- To add a dialed number into the contacts list, press the Menu Key after dialing the number and select Add to Contacts.
- To dial two sets of numbers separately, press the Menu Key after the first set of dialed numbers and select Add 2-Sec Pause, then enter the second set.
- slide 2 of 3
Frequently Ask Questions
The following list contains LG Optimus S FAQs.
- Can you open other applications while making a call? Yes.
- How do you silence the ringer during calls? Press the down Volume buttons.
- How do you end a call while in another application? Open the Status Bar, touch and drag it to the bottom of the screen, tap Current Call to view the Phone application, and then tap the red End Call Key.
- How to set a ringtone for calls? Press the Home Key, then the Menu Key, and select Settings. Open Sounds and select Phone Ringtone. Tap the ringtone you want and tap OK.
- How to use a song for a ringtone? Press the Home Key and then press the Application Tab. Select Music. Browse through the list of songs. Press and hold the song you want. A menu will pop-up and contain the option to Use as Phone Ringtone.
- How to set a ringtone for notifications? Press the Home Key and then the Menu Key. Go to Settings, then Sound, and finally Notification Ringtone. Select the ringtone you want to play for incoming text messages, upcoming calendar events, and alarms.
- slide 3 of 3
Here are some LG Optimus S FAQs relating to advanced features.
- How to reduce the duration of the Backlight? Press the Home Key, then the Menu Key, and select Settings. Go to Display, then select Screen Timeout. Choose the length of time for the backlight. The intervals include 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 10 minutes, and 30 minutes.
- How to auto-rotate the screen from landscape to portrait? Press the Home Key, then the Menu Key, and select Settings. Go to Display and tap Auto-Rotate Screen to automatically orientate the screen when you turn the phone sideways.
- How to sync social networking accounts, Google accounts, etc automatically? Press the Home Key, then the Menu Key. Go to Settings and select Accounts & Sync. Tap the Auto-sync option. Then tap the specific account.
- How to turn airplane mode on? Press the Home Key, then the Menu Key. Go to Settings and select Wireless & Networks. Tap Airplane Mode.
- How to pair LG Optimus S accessories through Bluetooth? From the Bluetooth Settings screen, tap Discoverable, then tap Scan for Devices. Select the Bluetooth device to pair. Tap Done and OK. If prompted for a passkey tap Pair or enter the passkey.
- Image Credit - Image courtesy of http://support.sprint.com
- Basics Guide LG Optimus S - http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/lg/optimus/optimus_by_lg_ug.pdf