- slide 1 of 3
Themes for All
If you are searching for free iPhone themes, you likely are not aware of the process to install themes on the iPhone. While you may have assumed that the iPhone has themes support, that is not correct. Free iPhone themes work on the iPhone, however, only if you own a Jailbroken iPhone.
Once you have a jailbroken iPhone, you are free to download and install the necessary applications and themes. Themes can be download through various Cydia Sources. There are more sources for finding themes, however, you will need to install the theme support application for the iPhone from Cydia, before you can download the themes.
- slide 2 of 3
Preparing Your iPhone
Preparing your iPhone for free iPhone themes consists of downloading an application called Winterboard from Cydia. Winterboard is an application which can be used to theme your iPhone. Once an iPhone is jailbroken, installing Winterboard is simple, plus, Winterboard is completely free to download and use.
- Open Cydia. Launch Cydia by tapping the brown Cydia icon on the home screen. The Cydia icon is brown and has a box inside of it.
- Search for Winterboard. Tap the "Search" icon on the bottom right of Cydia. Tap the search bar at the top and key in the word "Winterboard" and press the "Search" button.
- Install Winterboard. Tap "Winterboard" and choose "Install" in the top right. Tap "Confirm" in the top right when the new window appears. Allow Winterboard to install and them press the home button to return to the home screen.
- slide 3 of 3
Now that you have successfully installed Winterboard on your iPhone, you are ready to find and download free iPhone themes. These themes are found in different Cydia repositories. The majority of the good themes can be found in the default Cydia repositories. If you are unsure how to use Cydia, Find Out How To Use Cydia Here.
- Launch Cydia. Launch Cydia by tapping the brown icon on the home screen. The Cydia icon is easily identified by the box logo inside the brown square.
- Locate the themes section. Tap the "Sections" icon on the bottom navigation bar. Scroll down until you see the folder labeled "Themes" and tap on it.
- Download a theme. Tap on a theme to bring up the details. Choose the "Install" option in the top right corner of the screen. Tap "Confirm" when the second window appears to begin downloading the theme. Repeat this process to download several free iPhone themes.
- Launch Winterboard. Exit Cydia by pressing the home button on your iPhone. Launch Winterboard by tapping the Winterboard icon on the iPhone home screen.
- Select a theme. Choose the "Select Themes" option towards the bottom of Winterboard. Locate the name of the theme you wish to utilize and tap it. Once the check-mark appears next to the theme's name you can exit Winterboard by pressing the home button on the iPhone.
- Change themes. Open Winterboard as you did in step four and return to "Select Themes". Tap the theme which is currently active to un-check it. Tap a new theme to set it as active and exit Winterboard for the changes to be applied.
Now you know how to install themes check out our Guide to the Best iPhone Themes.