- slide 1 of 4
Some of the best applications for your iPhone are the ones that rest on one simple and effective function. Instead of attempting to outshine all the other apps with its diversity it tries to carve itself a niche and be the best of its sort. This is exactly what Night Stand does.
- slide 2 of 4
Spoon Juice’s Night Stand is exactly what it sounds like. When you open it it displays a nice digital clock, complete with the replicated slight glare that occurs from the light of the numbers. The style is supposed to be reminiscent of the digital alarm clocks that are kept on so many nightstands so people can keep a record of their insomnia. You can change settings for the application in the iPhone settings option. Once you open Settings you can just go down to Night Stand and you will have a series of possible changes for customization. You can change the color of the numbers, set it to show seconds or day of the week, or even keep it at a twenty four hour clock instead of a repeating twelve hour time table.
- slide 3 of 4
The clock itself is bright and easy to see, even from a distance. It is touch screen reactive, so when you turn the phone on its side it will adjust the image accordingly. This way the clock can become a way to turn your iPhone into a regular digital clock to replace the others that may be cluttering up table space. It allows you to disable auto lock in its settings, which you will need to do if you want to keep the clock up for more than a few seconds. Maybe the best things about this program is that you can have mp3 playback while the clock is up. This means that you can create an entire little clock radio out of your phone, minus the alarm capabilities.
- slide 4 of 4
Do You Need It?
You may be asking yourself why this is a reasonable program. You already have a large clock on your phone and in any given household we tend to have several. The only reason for this is that it is a fun alternative and a space saver. If you want a clock up at all times when sleeping and don’t want to go buy an unnecessary device this may be the solution. Six out of ten stars.
- Where Are You? - Loopt
- Name That Song - Shazam
- Getting Internet and Tech News with Net News Wire for the iPhone
- Review of the Facebook App for the iPhone
- BrainTuner: A Brain Teaser in Mediocrity
- Review of the Remote iPhone Application
- Have a Drink on Your iPhone Using the iPint App
- The Complete Works of Shakespeare
- Pocket Reference
- An In-Depth Review of Mobile News for the iPhone
- Smack A Toon Lite: A Mild Amusement
- Smiling Rage: Expando Review
- Taking it Old School: Arcade Hoops Review
- Darts App Review: Skip the Bar and Throw Darts on Your iPhone
- Is the Pac-Man iPhone Game Worth the Money?
- Professor of Drinkology
- Finding the Network: The WiFinder Review
- Time in the Night: Night Stand Review
- Tube Time: i.TV Review
- Going International: Daily Planet Review
- Measuring the Swell: Surf Report Review
- iBoredom: Tic Tac Free
- Spiritual Warfare: Tap Defense Review
- Find Your Way Through Mazes with the Labyrinth iPhone Game
- Free Recipes on Your iPhone: Big Oven App Review
- Stanza for iPhone Review: Find Another eBook App
- A Drawing Pad for Your iPhone: Scribble Review