Steps to Jailbreak Verizon iPhone
After you've downloaded the software you need and connected your iPhone to the computer, you're ready to jailbreak your phone. Just to be clear, this jailbreak method should only be used on Verizon CDMA iPhone 4.
Follow these steps carefully and in order:
1. Run greenpois0n. When you do, the following text box will pop up.
2. Click "Jailbreak". This places your device into DFU mode. DFU mode allows you to change the firmware for your phone, which is necessary for the jailbreak.
3. Once in DFU mode, follow the greenpois0n prompts. You will need to:
- Press and hold the sleep button for 2 seconds.
- Continue holding the sleep button while pressing and holding the home button for 10 seconds.
- Release the sleep button. Continue holding the home button for 15 seconds.
4. When complete, restart your phone.
5. A new Loader icon will be on your homescreen. Tap on it and install Cydia.
Believe it or not, that is it. You are done and your iPhone is now jailbroken. You now have the ability to customize your phone with Cydia themes, custom ringtones, custom lockscreens and many other great features, including cool Cydia apps.