Tips for Using and Navigating Your iPhone
Now that your iPhone is customized, we'll continue with a few tricks that aren't always common knowledge about using and navigating your phone.
10. Easily switch between apps using iPhone's multitasking feature. While on any screen, double tap the home button. Swipe right on the menu that pops up on the bottom of the screen to switch to a different app.
11. Use iPod controls while the screen is locked by pressing the home button twice. The iPod controls will appear on the locked screen.
12. Is your screen changing orientation (from horizontal to vertical) when you don't want it to? Lock the screen orientation by double tapping the home button. Scroll to the left. Press the icon with a circle arrow to lock the screen in it's current orientation. Now the screen will not change, even if you flip your phone to it's side.
13. Want a picture of what you are looking at on your phone's screen? Taking screenshots on iPhone is simple. Press and hold the Sleep and Home button simultaneously. You will see a flash and hear a click when a photo of the screen has been taken. The screenshot can be found in your camera roll.
14. To take better pictures with your iPhone camera, tap the screen before taking your picture. This focuses the camera and gives you the option to zoom in or out.
15. When on a call and a new call beeps in, you can add the new caller into your current conversation. Place the current call on hold and answer the phone. Press "merge calls" to join both calls into one.
16. Sick of scrolling through all your contacts? Put the contacts you use the most in your phone's Favorites.
17. Quickly scroll to the top of the page by tapping the top bar once (where your battery, phone signal and time are listed).
18. Set parental controls by going to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions. You can then choose what you want restricted and a pass code to unlock those features of the phone.
19. Save images from Safari by tapping and holding the picture until the save or copy menu pops up.
20. For a frequently visited website, you can add an icon to your home screen that will take you directly to the site. While on the page you want saved, press the share button. Press "Add to Home Screen". This creates an icon that takes you straight to that web page in Safari.
21. Create bookmarks of your favorite websites on iPhone's Safari by pressing the share button while on the website. Select "Add Bookmark".
22. To see the site name and URL for a link on the Internet before clicking it, tap and hold down on the link until a box pops up with the full information.
23. Want some tips to save battery life? Turn off 3G, turn off your Wi-Fi (unless you're using it) and disable push notifications and push emails.
24. Don't want to answer that call? There are several ways to ignore the call: 1) Press ignore on the screen, 2) Press the Sleep button on the top of your phone one time to silence the ringer or 3) Press the Sleep button twice. This acts the same as the ignore button and sends the caller straight to your voicemail.
25. Instead of swiping to change pages on your home screen, press in the lower right or left hand corner to instantly change the page. Tap once right above the dock icons (the ones that don't move) on either side.