Enable Emoji for iPhone
Once you've picked out your emoji app (and hopefully you didn't pay for it), you'll need to enable emoji on your keyboard to start using the emoticons and picture characters. Don't worry, it sounds more difficult than it actually is. Follow the steps below to get your iPhone emoticons enabled:
1. Run the emoji iPhone app. Follow the prompts until it tells you to exit the app. Close the emoji app.
2. Open your Settings menu. Go to General. Scroll to the bottom of the options and go to Keyboard.
3. At the bottom of the keyboard options go to International Keyboards.
4. Press "Add New Keyboard". Scroll down, find "Emoji" and press it.
5. You will now have two keyboards listed in your international keyboard settings.
6. Exit the Settings menu.
That's it! Emoji characters are now ready to be used in your keyboard.