HP iPrint Photo
With HP iPrint Photo, printing PDF Files and photos can be accomplished in just a few steps. Print PDF files stored on your HTC EVO 4G, photos that have been taken with your device or photos saved in the gallery. HP iPrint Photo searches for and discovers HP Wi-Fi enabled printers allowing you to not only print from the HTC EVO itself but from a Gmail account as well; just tap the preview button in the Gmail application to print using HP iPrint Photo. To view a list of supported HP printers see the References section below for a link.
Since the HTC EVO 4G operates on Android software 2.1, using this app may take up a significant amount of memory, however, the ability to move part of the app to the SD card is a possibility to free up space to print from your HTC EVO. Once the app is downloaded to your device, this option will populate on the screen to move memory. Secondly, HP iPrint Photo works solely on a Wi-Fi connection and one must be established prior to printing. If using a Windows operating system, download Bonjour software to set up a wireless printer without installing drivers or having to deal with network configurations (see References section below for link).
Download the HP iPrint Photo app to your Android device from the Android Market. Once downloaded, two apps will appear titled “HP iPrint Photo" and “HP iPrint." “HP iPrint Photo" is to print photos and “HP iPrint" is to print PDF files.
Turn the HP Wi-Fi enabled printer on and ensure that it’s in discoverable mode. This ensures your print jobs from the HTC EVO 4G will be executed successfully.
Print a PDF File
- Tap the “HP iPrint" icon to print a PDF on the HTC EVO 4G and select the file to print. Select “Print." If the settings need to be adjusted, tap the drop down icon to customize the print project prior to printing.
- Select the printer to print from and then press back. Since a Wi-Fi connection needs to be established in order to print a box will populate titled “Wi-Fi settings." Here you can turn the Wi-Fi signal on to search for available printers to print to.
- Tap Print to print the PDF file.
Print a Photo
- Tap the “HP iPrint Photo" icon on the HTC EVO 4G to print a photo from the phone’s gallery or tap the camera icon within the app to take a picture to print.
- Tap the selected photo to edit it and select the drop down icon to change the printer settings if necessary.
- Tap “Print" to select the printer and to print your photo.
Voila you’re done.
You may also be interested in reading about the best HTC EVO office apps you can download.