Making Calls and Answering Calls
To make a phone call with the HTC Wildfire, press the Phone key. Dial the number on the on-screen keypad and press Call. If there are numbers stored in the contacts, they will pop up as you dial the number. Tap the number to place the call.
When a call comes in, you can choose to answer it or ignore it. The call screen will display the caller ID of the person that is calling. To accept the call, press Answer. To ignore, press Decline.
When the phone is locked, there are different ways to handle an incoming call. To answer a call when the phone is locked, press the caller ID bar and drag it down the screen. To reject a call when the phone is locked, press the caller ID bar and drag it upward. You can also press Menu and choose Decline.
There are several options during a call. Follow these steps in the HTC Wildfire manual:
- To mute the call or place it on speakerphone, press the respective on-screen buttons.
- To place the call on hold, press Menu and select Hold. To resume the call, press Menu and select Unhold.
- To answer a second call, press Answer. The first call is put on hold.
- To switch between two calls, press the on-screen caller ID for the person you want to speak to.
- Tap End to end the current call.
The volume of the ringer and earpiece can be adjusted by following these steps in the HTC Wildfire manual:
- Press the volume button on the side of the phone to increase or decrease the volume. To quickly place the phone in silent mode, press and hold the Power button and select Silent Mode.