- slide 1 of 7
More and more people are choosing Android as their smartphone platform. There is a fantastic range of handsets available for any budget. Google’s mobile operating system has been designed for use with touch-screen devices and it is intended to be easy to learn. You shouldn’t have any trouble learning how to navigate around but there are a lot of powerful features that may not be obvious to new users.
Learn what you can do with your new Android smartphone and find out how to unleash the extra functionality and features you want with the help of these guides.
- slide 2 of 7
General Android Guides
This is a great starting place for any new Android user. You can learn more about what your phone is capable of and find out exactly how to access some of the best features of the platform. You can find out how to check which version of the software you have. You’ll also find an easy to follow introduction to widgets, an excellent feature of the Android OS that you won’t find elsewhere. Finally there’s an overview of the platform.
- Find out How to Get More from Your Android
- How to Identify What Android OS You Have
- A Simple Guide to Google Android Widgets
- Using the Android Operating System
- slide 3 of 7
Apps and the Android Market
Most people who make the choice to upgrade to a smartphone are tempted by the apps and games on offer. There are thousands and thousands of apps in the Android Market and many of them are free, but before you dive in here are a few tips that you should keep in mind. You’ll learn how to use the Android Market efficiently, how to install apps using other methods, how to remove apps and lots more!
- Complete Guide to Google's Android Market
- Simple Guide to Installing Android APK Files
- How to Use Android Market Safely
- Guide on Installing and Removing Apps on Android
- Guide to Removing Android Applications That Come Installed on Your Phone
- How to Install Android Apps to SD Card
- Sources for Android Apps Outside Android Market
- Force Stop and Android Apps
- Guide to Android Application Permissions
- Love a Good Deal? Best Ways to Find Bargain Android Apps Revealed
- slide 4 of 7
Battery, Files and Malware
The single biggest disappointment for new smartphone owners is the battery life. You’ve got a powerful device that is capable of all sorts of things but if you take full advantage that battery can drain in just a few hours. Learn how to squeeze a little more from your device’s battery with these guides. You can also take a look at how to work with files on the platform. To finish off we discuss the threat of malware and suggest a few ways you can avoid the pain of identity theft.
- How to Extend Battery Life for Android Phones
- Done Already? How to Improve Droid Battery Life
- Guide to Android File Associations
- Rid Me of These Files! Managing and Deleting on Android
- A Simple Guide to Working with RAR Files on Android
- Is Android Malware Really Worth Worrying About?
- How to Avoid Identity Theft on Android
- slide 5 of 7
Contacts, Messaging and Email
The primary focus of your smartphone is, of course, communication. Find out how to set up your new contacts, how to transfer contact data and how to set individual ringtones so you know who is calling as soon as your phone rings. You’ll also learn about using email with Android and there’s a guide on accessing more emoticons for your messaging and retrieving deleted texts. Android makes it easy to stay in touch with all of your contacts.
- Android Contacts Guide - How to Add, Edit, and Delete Android Contacts
- How to Transfer Contact Data on Android
- Guide to Setting Ringtones for Contacts on Android
- How to Change Primary Email Account with Android
- How to Add More Than One Gmail Account with Android
- How to Sync Android with Outlook
- A Complete Guide to Microsoft Exchange and Android
- How to Use Emoji Icons on Android
- How to Retrieve Deleted Texts from an Android SIM
- slide 6 of 7
Other Odds and Ends
This section is a mixture of useful hints and tips for various purposes. If you’re disappointed about the lack of an FM transmitter then find out what your alternatives are. You can also learn about how to capture better shots with your Android camera and how to use the phone as a webcam. If you have trouble reading small text, then check out how to enlarge fonts. You can also find out how to block nuisance calls and organize your apps and files into folders. The possibilities with Android just go on and on.
- slide 7 of 7
Android Tips for Specific Phones
Many of the tips you’ll find here are for specific models, but you’ll find a lot of advice that applies equally well to the platform as a whole. Learn how to set up your new phone, how to customize it and gets tips for improving battery life and transferring files. There’s a feast of options on offer so grab your Android phone and get stuck in!
- How to Get the Most from Your HTC Desire
- Tips and Tricks for Improving Battery Life of the HTC Hero
- Transferring Files to the HTC Hero
- Tips to Get the Most from a Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid Camera Tips
- Samsung Galaxy S Tips & Tricks
- Tips for Making Your Samsung Galaxy S Battery Last Longer
- Ten Tips for New Google Nexus One Users
Are you a keen Android user? Do you have any handy tips or tricks that you’d like to share? Please post a comment and let us know.