Using the Bloomberg Mobile Application is simple. I personally chose to search for stocks when first using the application. The search bar allowed me to enter in any company name or stock code, for example I could find "Oracle' by typing "Oracle" or by typing "ORCL" for Oracle US.
The search is also dynamic so it shows all of the options as you type out what you're looking for. As you can see this is useful in case you weren't aware that Oracle offers various stocks based on international divisions of their company.
The program once a stock is chosen then provides all of the pertinent information a user will want to see on the "face level" this information includes highs, lows, trading volume and evne a 52 week summary graph.
You'll also notice that below the company profile information there's also a "related news" section. This information shows not only stock information directly for the company in question, but also shows news that "best suits" the company you're investigating. For example the Research In Motion stock (a Canadian company) shown above includes Canada stock issues.
Aside from the stock related news, the program also offers the ability to check news based on various factors, such as "Most Read, Worldwide, Exclusive (To Bloomberg) and Technology news. Users can also examine certain markets such as "Bonds, Commodities, Currencies and Economy.
Once a news story is chosen the program then includes any pictures and text from the Bloomberg news feeds. I found that the news stories offered good text for easy reading and available pictures displayed well on my Blackberry Curve.
The program also offers quick access to "market info" including current market prices and changes. It's a basic option but it allows users to see up to date changes in large marketing pricing.
In terms of "general use" the program also offers some other nice additions that shouldn't be overlooked. Here's a list of added fucntions as discovered on the Blackberry App World website:
- Auto refresh
- Full support for Storm devices, including zoom & pan of charts using finger swipes
- Equity Index Futures in "Markets"
- Fractional positions in "My Stocks"
- Option to clear stock history in "Stock Finder"
- Option to change the "My Stocks" column order using the column order from the home screen
- Show status of background story downloading
- Change the default "News" pre-fetch setting to WiFi only (to change go to the
- News Settings from the News Screen)
- Maintain custom settings and personal stocks after an OS upgrade
- Many performance & reliability improvements