- slide 1 of 6
Disable BB Email
There could be a number of reasons you want to know how to disable email on a BlackBerry Storm. Sometimes you don't want the duplicates showing up on your BlackBerry Storm when you are already at your desk with your email client open. Maybe you want to turn off your email when traveling overseas to reduce data charges. Whatever the reasons may be, here are some steps for turning off or disabling email on a BlackBerry. Here are four popular and simple methods for disabling email on a BlackBerry Storm.
- slide 2 of 6
Turn off Data Services
Turning off data services on the BlackBerry Storm is probably the simplest and most popular method for disabling email. This method can be completed quickly in three simple steps.
- Go to Manage Connections.
- Choose “mobile network options”.
- Change data services to “off”.
- slide 3 of 6
Delete the Service Books
Deleting the service books is a means of removing the settings etc. for your BlackBerry Storm email. This option for disabling email is a little more complex, however, it can be done, especially if the first option does not work.
- Go to options > Advanced options > service books.
- Delete all of the email service books (these will have the email address listed).
- When you are ready to begin receiving email on the BlackBerry again the email will need to be configured.
- Press the BlackBerry key and close.
In case option two was used, here is a quick refresher on how to set up email on the BlackBerry Storm.
- Go to Setup > Setup Wizard > choose the email setup wizard.
- Select the “I want to create or add an email address” option.
- Follow the prompts (instructions) to set up your email account to finish.
- slide 4 of 6
Disabling HTML Email
Here is another option that can be tried for disabling email on a BlackBerry Storm.
- Go to the messages folder > options > email settings.
- Change “Enable HTML Email” to no.
- Reverse this and change it to a yes when ready to receive email again.
- slide 5 of 6
Stop or Disable Email at the Firewall
One final method for disabling email on a BlackBerry Storm is to disable this function through the security and firewall settings. This may block other services from working so use this method with caution.
- Go to options > security options > Firewall.
- Under the “Block Incoming Messages” there is a series of options and checkboxes. Select the “BlackBerry Internet Service” option.
- Click on the BlackBerry Button and choose save.
- Close out and there should not be any incoming mail received by the BlackBerry device.
BlackBerry Storms and other BlackBerry devices are very versatile. There are a number of ways to change a setting or make a modification to the software operation of the phones. As one can see, there are three fairly simple ways of knowing how to disable email on a BlackBerry Storm and many of these methods also work on other BlackBerry models.