- slide 1 of 5
General Tips and Tricks
- To view the user guide for the BlackBerry Pearl, click on the Help icon on the home screen.
- Rotate the trackball to control the cursor.
- Red colored LED light on the top right corner of the handset indicates that you have received a new message.
- Blue colored LED light on the top right corner of the handset indicates that your handset is paired with a Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Green colored LED light on the top right corner of the handset indicates that you are in a wireless coverage area.
- Amber colored LED light on the top right corner of the handset indicates that your handset’s battery is low.
- You can lock your keyboard by pressing the * (star) key when you are on the home screen.
- You can unlock your keyboard by pressing the * (star) key and then the ‘Send’ key.
- To switch applications, simultaneously press the Alt and back key. A screen will pop up from where you can choose the desired application.
- To exit the screen while browsing, press the back key.
- Press the space key twice to insert a period while typing.
- Press and hold the * (star) key to change typing input methods.
- Press space key to insert @ sign in an email address.
- Press and hold a letter key for some time to capitalize it.
- During a call, press OP to switch on or off the speakerphone.
- To move between vibrate and default profiles, hold the # (hash) key.
- For inserting a letter in the number field, hold Alt key and press the desired letter key.
- If you are getting another call while already in the middle of a call, press Send key to answer the incoming call and to place the current call on hold.
- To take a picture, press the Convenience key.
- Press 0 to set auto flash on and space to set auto flash off.
- Use the +/- buttons on the right hand side of the handset, to zoom on a specific object.
- slide 2 of 5
Browsing Tips and Tricks
- To view the thumbnail version of the webpage, press X and press any key to return to normal page view.
- Press the exclamation (!) key to hide banners from web pages.
- To scroll up the screen, press 3.
- To scroll down the screen, press 9.
- To close the browser, press the back key.
- To insert a period (.) in the Go To field, press Space.
- To insert a slash mark (/) in the Go To field, press Shift key and Space.
- To open the bookmarks saved on the webpage, press 5.
- To add a bookmark, press question mark (?).
- To go to a specific webpage, press period (.).
- Press 7 to go to the bottom of the screen.
- slide 3 of 5
BlackBerry Pearl Calendar Tips
Set the Enable Quick Entry field to No in calendar options for the following tips to work in Day view.
- To create an appointment press period (.).
- To move to next day press 6.
- To move to previous day press 4.
- You can change the end time by rolling the track ball.
- To move down an hour in the calendar, press 8.
- slide 4 of 5
Email and Text message Tips
- Press 2 to scroll up a message and press 8 to scroll down a message.
- Pressing the question mark (?) will reply to all.
- To forward a message, press period (.).
- To reply to a message, press the exclamation mark (!) key.
- Press the comma (,) to create a message.
- slide 5 of 5
Increasing Number of Rings on BlackBerry Pearl
Usually the BlackBerry Pearl rings only twice before going to the voicemail, which is not enough time to answer a call. However, you can increase the amount of time (in secs) that a number will ring provided you dial the following code from your BlackBerry Pearl – **61*901*11*25#. Remember to press the green button before dialing this code. The last digits are the seconds that a number rings before going to voicemail (25 seconds in this case). The default time is 15 seconds.