Need to know how to add licenses to BlackBerry Enterprise Server? Perhaps you're having trouble adding licenses or just looking for information before you need it. Here is a guide for adding licenses to BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
With Blackberry Enterprise Server users on a network can connect and synchronize with enterprise messaging and collaboration software suites like Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, and Novell GroupWise. This middleware software package is very popular with systems administrators due to the large volume of BlackBerry users in corporate environments. BES can only connect as many people as it has licenses for. When there are more users than there are licenses the administrator of the BES service needs to add more licenses. Here are the steps for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, how to add new licenses.
Adding user licenses to BES 5.0
These steps will be introduced using BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0.
- Open the BlackBerry administration service. This is the user interface for working with BES 5.0.
- Look for the “Servers and Components" menu. Open up the BlackBerry Solution topology then open “BlackBerry Domain" and then open the “component view".
- Find the BlackBerry Administration Service and click on it.
- Click or select the edit component option.
- Here you will find the “License Key" section. Enter in the CAL key information and then click on “add".
- Once these have been added choose the “Save all" option on the bottom of the screen.
Previous Versions of BES
For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0, 4.1.
These versions have an interface called the BlackBerry Manager. Open this up to start the addition of new licenses. If you are using or running one of these versions of BlackBerry Enterprise Server the steps listed below will assist you with adding new user licenses.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Right-click on the BlackBerry manager and then choose properties from the menu.
- Find the license tab, then specify the new CAL key and then click on the Add License.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Click on the “BlackBerry Domain".
- Look for the “global" tap and select this tab. expand the “account" section and click on License Management.
- Enter in the new authentication key and then click on Add License.
We'll round off with some troubleshooting tips and other information.
If you are unable to perform these steps or receive errors then restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and try the procedure again.
To remove a license key, locate the license key using the appropriate steps above. Now right click on the key you wish to remove and select “remove license key".
Those are the steps for adding licenses to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for 3 different versions of the software. Knowing how to add user licenses to BlackBerry Enterprise Server is simple to learn but also extremely important in working with this middleware package.
For additional information on BlackBerry applications check out Bright Hub's BlackBerry Device section for great information and reviews.