Don't get stuck manually inputting your contacts from your iPhone to your BlackBerry, as it can take all day for you to complete this task. An easier way would be to synchronize the contacts from one device to the other. Learn how to transfer your contacts within a short amount of time.
If you were once an avid iPhone user, but got tired of misspelling words with your onscreen keyboard, you probably decided to trade in your iPhone for a BlackBerry. Research in Motion (RIM), the makers of the BlackBerry smartphone was one of the first cell phone manufacturers to develop a phone that was capable of sending and receiving email, playing MP3 files and IM’ing. Although, BlackBerry is one of the oldest smartphone brands, their products are always up to date, with a new device coming out almost every year. RIM is consistently adding new features to entice, not only the business person, but students who need access to the Internet at all times, stay at home moms who need to have events organized and the manly-man who wants to watch football from their phone and access Google stats at the drop of dime. However, before you take advantage of all the cool features that your BlackBerry has to offer, you must first learn how to switch the contacts from your iPhone and onto your BlackBerry device. Transferring the contacts from your iPhone is relatively easy to accomplish in a few easy steps.
Transferring iPhone Contacts to BlackBerry
- Wipe everything off your BlackBerry device. If your BlackBerry is new and unused, then you will not need to complete this step. However, if you have used your BlackBerry previously you will need to wipe the device clean. Synchronize the important files from your BlackBerry to your computer using Desktop Manager.
- Wipe your device by selecting “Options" followed by “Security Options," and then “General Settings."
- Scroll down the list and select “Wipe Handheld." Check the box to include third party applications, and then press the “Continue" button. You will be prompted to type “BlackBerry" before the wipe is initiated. Type “BlackBerry," and then press the “Enter" button.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and synchronize your iPhone organized data on to your computer.
- Download and install Desktop Manager on your computer, if you have not done so already. The Desktop Manager CD accompanied your BlackBerry phone. Additionally, you can download the software, directly from the BlackBerry website, if you do not have the CD.
- Connect your BlackBerry phone to your computer with the use of a USB cord. Open Desktop Manager, and then click the “Synchronize" tab on the main screen.
- Click the box “Synchronize Organized Data," and then click the “Configure" tab followed by “Synchronization."
- Select “Address Book," and then select “Microsoft Outlook" follow by clicking “Next."
- Select the option to synchronize your contacts from Outlook to Desktop Manager and then click “Next."
- Select your profile, and then click “Next." Click the “Finish" option followed by “OK."
- Navigate back to the “Synchronizing" tab, and then click “Synchronize Now."
Do not disconnect your BlackBerry from your computer until the synchronization is complete.