- slide 1 of 4
If you're already in a message here's a few shortcut keys that will allow you to manage important functions with just one to two button clicks.
- Quick reply to a message: Press the "R" Key
- Quick Reply to all: Press the "L" Key
- Quickly Forward a message: From the "F" Key
- File away a highlighted email: Press the "I" Key
- Find the email address for a contact: Highlight the contact name and then press the "Q" Key.
- slide 2 of 4
Shortcut Keys: Within The Message List
There are 9 main shortcut keys that can be used from within the Blackberry Curve message list.
- Opening Highlighted Messages: Press the Enter Key
- Create a message from the message list: Press the "C" Key
- Make a message display as opened or unopened: Press the alt "Key" along with the "U" Key
- Quick Review a new message: Press the "Alt" Key and the "I" Key
- View your Sent Message: Press the "Alt Key" plus the "O" Key
- Check your Voicemail messages: Press the "Alt" Key plus the "V" Key
- Check your SMS messages: Press the "Alt" Key along with the "S" Key
- Check your call logs by pressing "Alt" and the "P" Key
- Review all your messages by pressing the "Escape" Key
- slide 3 of 4
Shortcuts Keys: Navigating Around The Blackberry Curve Message List
Since at the time of this Blackberry Curve shortcut article only one touchscreen device (The Blackberry Storm) is available the use of shortcut keys makes navigating the message list much more manageable than the Blackberry trackball or d-pad options.
- Move Up The Messaging List: Shift + Space Keys
- Move down the same screen: Space Key
- Go to the top of the message list: T Key
- Go to the bottom of the message list: B key
- Go to the next date: N key
- Go to the previous date: P key
- Go to the next unopened date: U Key
- Go to the next related message: J Key
- Go to the previously related message: K key
- slide 4 of 4
The shortcut saga continues
Virtually every key on the Blackberry Curve line of devices allow for some type of shortcutting, now that we've examined how to navigated around and use the message list with shortcut keys we'll continue to look at other Blackberry Curve shortcut keys in our continuing series. Stay Tuned.