The Password Method
The next method to wipe your BlackBerry is to password protect your device, and then enter in the incorrect password a certain number of times. Your BlackBerry is designed to keep your information secure, so it has this built-in failsafe. If you lose your password-protected device, this failsafe prevents someone from repeatedly guessing your password to access your device. After enough wrong attempts, the device wipes everything, to protect your information.
The Password Method:
1. Access the “Options" application and then go into the “Security" option.
2. Select “General Settings."
3. Change the “Password" field to “Enabled," and change the “Number of Password Attempts" to “3."
4. Press the back key to exit, and you will be asked to enter your password twice. Just enter in anything.
5. Go back to the application menu and select “Lock."
6. Press any key to bring up the password screen, then just enter in the wrong password three times to wipe your BlackBerry.