How to Change the Background of Your Facebook Page
written by: S Wood•edited by: Ronda Bowen•updated: 10/18/2010
Make your Facebook experience with Firefox unique, using a background you like. How do you change a background on Facebook with Firefox? Follow this step-by-step tutorial to choose an image, from the many available, to create a new background for this social networking site.
slide 1 of 6
Facebook Tutorial: How to Change the Background on Your Facebook Page
Change the background on Facebook with Firefox and give a unique dimension to your work with this social networking site. With just a few steps, you can accomplish the task of changing the background with an image of your choice. Although only you can see it, a different style would, however, take your Facebook experience to a new level. How do you make the Facebook background change? All you need to do is install a Firefox add-on called Stylish, select the background you like, install it and you’re done.
slide 2 of 6
Step-by-Step Tutorial on How to Change a Background on Facebook
1. Start Firefox.
If you don’t have this powerful, free browser, download its Windows version from www.mozilla.com/en-US/. Firefox is also available for Linux and Mac OS X. Firefox has a great array of features. Check these out at www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/.
2. Install a Firefox add-on called Stylish. Through it manage user styles:
NOTE: Click on any screen shot to increase it size.
3. Choose a style from one of thousands and click its name. The page with details of the style like its creator name, website and others appears.
For this tutorial, I chose a style titled Green color 2010.
TIP: Use the search box and search for a style, for example, by popularity (this is the default), style name and the date of creation.
4. Click the Install with Stylish button on the top-right. The “Install user style" dialog appears.
TIP: Click Preview to check whether the Facebook background change matches your needs.
5. Click Install. The style name appears as an entry in the Firefox Add-ons dialog. Now, view your Facebook page. Presto, your Facebook background change effort is successful!
slide 4 of 6
How to Revert to Default Style after the Change on Facebook Background
How to Turn-off the New Background and Revert to the Default Style
In the Firefox Add-ons dialog, make sure the User Styles thumb nail is highlighted. Click the style name. Click Disable. The Facebook background reverts to the default white background.To make the Facebook background change again to the previous style, click Enable in the above dialog.
TIP: As an easier way to turn-off the new style, click the S icon on the bottom-right of the Firefox status bar. From the menu, click the style name.
slide 5 of 6
Use Multiple Styles and Change Backgrounds on Facebook
1. In Firefox click Tools > Add-ons to open the Add-ons dialog, if it’s not already open.
2. Install multiple backgrounds / styles from the companion website of Stylish as given above.
3. Each background you install will appear as an add-on entry in the Add-ons dialog of Firefox.
4. Click the Style name you want to apply as the background.
5. Click Enable. The Facebook background change takes effect.
NOTE: If you’ve several styles enabled in the Stylish add-on, the most recent style you enable applies as the Facebook background.
slide 6 of 6
Turn-off all the Styles listed in the Firefox Add-on
Click the S icon in the bottom-right corner of the Firefox status bar. From the menu, select “Turn all styles off"