How To Transfer A Domain Name
To make this process work, the person who you are transferring the domain name to should have an account with Godaddy as well. From there, they can transfer the domain to a new host if they so choose. Here are the steps you should take to transfer the domain:
The first part of the process is to move the domain out of your account.
- Login to your Godaddy account.
- Along the lefthand side of the account manager page, you will see the title "My Products". Click the link under it "Domain Manager".
- You will now see a list of all your domain names. Put a check mark in the box next to the domain that you want to move.
- Next, click account and a box will pop up. You will need to enter the new domain owner's information into this box.
- Enter the new domain owners login name, email address, and contact info. If the person you are transferring the domain to already has account information on file, you will have the option to use details from a specified customer account. If they don't, then select enter new details. Click next.
- If you selected "enter new details", then you will now need to fill in some additional information such as name, address, country, zip code, and phone number. Then click next.
- The last thing that you will have to do is accept the agreement to transfer the domain and click finish.
- The domain should be in their account within 24hrs.