Getting traction took about 2 weeks on the first site we tested.
Expectations were not high and after signing up. We were shown a few test layouts and went to view more of them using the Ezoic tools and, to be completely honest, we didn’t like the look of all the test layouts we saw. Some of them were okay, but a few of the desktop themes looked clunky. My team was worried that the users wouldn’t like the new layouts based on what we’d seen, and I was finding it hard to believe that this auto-testing approach would add the value Ezoic claimed. Also, it was unsettling to think that we had only seen a handful of the templates, and there were many others that were going to be shown to our visitors with our brand on them. Suffice to say, we were nervous.
After a lot of back and forth with the Ezoic team about the method of data-driven design and letting the users decide, we decided to stick with it and begin the testing process, even though it all felt a bit too much like revolution, rather than evolution.
And I’m glad we did. It took about 2 weeks (on a site with around 150k/visits/month), and I was absolutely amazed as to just how many tests the Ezoic system was getting through in such a short space of time. I could tell that the users were responding well - bounce rates improved, time on site went up, visitors were viewing more pages - all of which are positive metrics in terms of how a user interacts with your site. Also, we were beginning to see a slight lift in revenue.