- slide 1 of 2
The Most Popular and Best Internet Security Suites
Internet Security Suites provides antivirus, antispyware, a firewall software and protection for browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, fraud, exploits and many more. This type of security solution is easy to maintain and cost less than standalone antivirus, anti-spam, anti-phishing, and firewall software. To determine which Internet security software is right for you, check below list.
Here are the top rated and best internet security suites for Windows 7:
- Avira Premium Security Suite – The antivirus program that often wins in testing comparison, whenever a detection test is done by testing labs or other reviewers. Quite light on resources and easy to manage. It cost $55 for 1 PC which is expensive.
- Norton Internet Security 2010 – The award-winning antivirus vendor boasts fast scanning speed, good on-demand detection, low false positive rate and a good malware removal engine. You’ll enjoy Norton Internet Security 2010 at $70 for 3 PCs but you have to deal with the unstoppable idle scanning of some minutes.
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 – If you want a proactive defense and a suite packed of several tools to defend your data and PC, KIS 2010 is the right solution but the price is not very attractive: $60 for 1 PC only.
- ESET Smart Security – The program is known to offer a good detection rate with low memory usage and professional looking UI. However, the malware removal requires improvement. You can enjoy the internet security by ESET for $60/3 PCs.
- F-Secure Internet Security 2010 – An easy to use program. Oddly, the UI have an unnecessary checkmark that might tell the user that everything is OK. It is OK only, if the program is up-to-date, enabled and running without issue. The program is light on resources and has low false positive rating. The detection on malware is great with a price tag of $60 for 3 computers.
- Avast Internet Security – The program boasts its fast scanner and good detections on malware. The network shield against malicious websites is very useful. The price: $60 to protect up to 3 computers.
- McAfee Internet Security 2010 – Provides a good detection rate on malware. The price: $70 for 3 PCs. Note: At the time of this writing, there is a discount of $20.
- Panda Internet Security 2010 – Offers protection for 3 PCs for $80. It includes a Panda USB Vaccine program that is also available for free to non-Panda customers. The detection on malware is good but cannot beat Avira, Microsoft and Norton.
- BitDefender Internet Security 2010 – Provides good detection of potentially unwanted programs with neat a UI. There are performance issues. Price: $50 for 3 PCs.
- Trend Micro Internet Security – Carrying a price tag of $50 to protect up to 3 PCs. The features of the suite are great and useful. The browser add-on works very well in blocking malicious downloads and unwanted websites. The program often has compatibility issue with other antimalware tools e.g. Malwarebytes, Hosts file, Spybot-S&D et al.
Other internet security suites that you might find useful are ZoneAlarm and Comodo. Their detection of malware is not that good. Use these products if you want a good firewall because ZA and Comodo are popular with its firewall protection but the malware detection requires attention.
- slide 2 of 2
Other Internet Security Suites
The other internet security suite that you might find useful is ZoneAlarm and Comodo but their detection on malware is not that good. You'll like their product if you want to base your decision on its firewall protection instead of malware prevention and removal. ZA and Comodo are popular with its firewall protection but the malware detection requires attention.