How to Download from Google Video Search
The Flash Video (.flv) format is one of the most popular video formats on the Internet and is used by Google Video, YouTube, and Metacafe to help stream online videos quickly. While people know how to download videos from YouTube, they search for software to download Google Videos.
"Web Video Downloader" is one of the best tools available for downloading Google Videos in Flash Video format. Here’s an in-depth tutorial on using Web Video Downloader to download videos uploaded to Google Videos:
1. Download Web Video Downloader. You need to have a Firefox browser because this tool works as a Firefox extension for downloading videos in FLV format.
2. On your browser, enter http://videos.google.com and click on the Go button. Type in the name of the video on the search box, for example “Neil Armstrong landing on the moon", and click on the Search button. You will see a list of video sharing sites showing the exclusive Armstrong’s first moon landing video footage:
Note: Please click on the screenshots to get an enlarged view.
3. To see the list of only Google videos, you will have to click on the google.com link in the Any Source section. This section is located on your left hand side, just below the Sorted by Relevance and All Videos Section.
4. Click on the video link to watch the video. To download the video, click on the Web Video Downloader plug-in located beside the Address box.
5. Then, click on the video URL (see the screenshot below)
6. A new window will open up, showing the file format (Flash Video), the size of the flv file and the URL of the video. Select the location in your hard drive to save the file and click OK to capture Google Video.
7. You will then notice a new browser window showing the video download in progress bar. Short duration video clips will be quickly captured whereas long duration video clips will take some time to download.
After the video download gets completed, you can watch the video file using any FLV player. The Web Video Downloader tool comes with a free FLV player, so there’s no need to download any video player separately. This software can also used for YouTube videos. Just follow steps 4 and 5 after opening the YouTube video.