- slide 1 of 3
Why Should You Download Your Favorite Videos?
Google now offers a variety of videos online for you to watch and enjoy via Google Videos. But, what if you want to download and watch the videos offline? Well, you can. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
Why would you want to download videos from Google if they’re always available online? One likely reason is that you may not always be in an area where you have internet service or wireless access available. For example, if you’re on a plane, you could download some of your favorite videos to your iPod, BlackBerry, iPhone, or other mobile device to enjoy while you’re flying.
Plus, if you want to share your favorite videos with friends and family, you can capture Google videos, burn to a DVD, and watch them on your big screen LCD, or plasma television. This way, everyone can enjoy your video without having to crowd around your computer.
- slide 2 of 3
How to Download Google Flash Videos via the Page Source code
Google video capture - method one, involves working with video source codes. Google uses an online flash player for their videos, but does not provide download links. However, there are some ways that you can get around this.
Before you try the more complicated methods below, you might try simply right-clicking the link for your video and try saving the link. You can do this via the Save Target/Link As option. If this doesn’t work, try one of the following techniques:
- Find the video that you want to download.
- Find the page source code for the video.
- Do a keyword search for googleplayer.
- Copy the parameters for your video’s URL onto your clipboard. This would be the words after videoURL=
- Go to the location bar for the URL. A short cut for this is CTRL + L.
- The result of this will be the actual URL for that video.
- Next, copy and paste your newfound URL into the browser bar.
- Download your movie.
You can now play your movie with any Flash (FLV) player.
- slide 3 of 3
How to Capture Google Videos with a Mozilla Firefox Add-on
Google video capture - method two, involves using a Mozilla Firefox web browser plugin. You can get Firefox by visiting this page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Download the Web Video Downloader/Firefox Extension FLV Player.
- Open the Web Video Downloader by going to Tools->Web Video Downloader.
- Go to the video that you want to download.
- A pop-up will open. This is the Interception Tip, which detects the presence of a Flash video.
- Select OK.
The video that you have selected will start downloading. You have now captured your selected Google video. You can now play this Flash video on any Flash player.