Yahoo Toolbar vs. Google Toolbar
- The Google Toolbar cannot import or export bookmarks.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar cannot tag bookmarks.
- The Google Toolbar works decently well. However, it misses certain pop-ups.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar somehow manages to block important pop-ups.
- The Google Toolbar translates non-English pages to English and vice-versa, translates single words in many languages, and allows spell checking.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar translates information by linking to a page on Yahoo!.
- The Google Toolbar has an email page, blog page, IM page, and SMS page.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar has an email page, and IM page.
- The Google Toolbar has the option of Search mail or go to Gmail.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar has the option of Yahoo! Mail, compose mail, and check mail.
- The Google Toolbar does not promote many services. For example, the Google toolbar does not allow viewing of friend contacts or group lists.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar has a tab for all its services along with important links. For example, the News tab has a link to the latest headlines.
- The Google Toolbar has adopted account integration from Yahoo but has not extended much. It remains a basic search toolbar. However, Google continues to make developments as we speak. Let us, wait and watch for further improvements.
- The Yahoo! Toolbar has a default layout that is more jumbled compared to Google. Yahoo! plans to create a more clutter-free and Google like toolbar layout in the future.
For a detailed comparison of these and more search toolbars, read here.