Tracking Your Mentions for FREE!
First you need to decide which social networking sites from which you would like to see your mentions. Some of the most popular ones are Digg, FriendFeed, Technorati and the like. Once you figure out which sites will work best for you, you can then start collecting feeds. Feeds are simply the latest updates to the site or blog.
1. Go to the selected site.
2. Do a search for your company’s name. This will bring up links to blogs that have mentioned your organization.
3. Click on the link for the blog post.
4. On the blog post, find the Subscribe by RSS Feed link, and click on it.
5. This will take you to the link for that feed. Copy it.
6. Go back to iGoogle, and click Add Stuff.
7. This will bring up the Gadgets and Themes page. In the left-hand corner, there will be a place where you can paste the link.
8. Paste it, and add link.
And, now you can track all of your mentions for free!