- slide 1 of 2
Fingers on buzzers please for our biodiversity challenge which will provide you with key insights into exactly what is meant by the term "biodiversity", why it is necessary, what threatens it, and how individuals can help preserve it. Question topics range from genetics to ecosystems, via species discovery and extinction. The quiz highlights how biodiversity benefits humanity and the actions that can help preserve it.
- slide 2 of 2
Take the Biodiversity Challenge!
- Ecological Society of America: Biodiversity
- Biodiversity and Species Protection: the economic perspective
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). "Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report," Chapter 4, "Ecosystems, their properties, goods and service"
- California Biodiversity Council: Scientific Definitions of Biodiversity
- Current Results: Number of Species Identified on Earth
- The Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory, Colorado State University: Biodiversity Facts
- Carnegie Mellon: Biodiversity