- slide 1 of 5
Studying the weather means understanding the behavior of our atmosphere. Unusual melting of glaciers, sea ice, and shifts in patterns of rain and forest growth are some of the reasons that require us to have a better understanding of our weather systems. For example, the Antarctic and Arctic regions are experiencing receding snow lines and increasing sea levels because of the changing weather, and wildlife migration patterns are also disrupted by conditions that are in a constant state of flux. Knowledge helps us to plan ahead and to mitigate.
"Understanding Weather Systems: The Facts" is a comprehensive guide that explores different aspects of weather formation, their types, how weather systems affect our daily lives, and how the modern gadgetry with all its bells and whistles keeps us in the loop with what's going on weather-wise.
- slide 2 of 5
The Building Blocks of Weather
Weather systems are comprised of various components like wind, precipitation, sunshine, snow and fog, and most weather activities take place in the planet's troposphere, the lowest part of the atmosphere. But you do not need to venture that high in the sky to find out why rains occur, what causes a hail storm to form and why we have droughts. All you have to do is click on the links below to find some of the answers you are looking for.
- Understanding Precipitation: Causes and Effects
- Hail Storm: A Severe Thunderstorm
- Understanding about the formation and types of clouds
- Understanding Weather: What is Weather System
- Formation of Dew and Its Relation with Weather
- Drought: Causes, Stages, and Problems
- Understanding Jet Streams: Causes, Effects, and More
- Learn About the Structure and Function of a Jet Stream
- Hurricanes, Cyclone, and Tornado: Know the Difference
- slide 3 of 5
It's Turned Out Nice Again
You may or may not be a big fan of weather forecasters. How many times have they told you to wrap up warm the following day only for the sun to come out and bake you to a cinder? That they are nothing more than soothsayers is a common myth, but it's not the reality. Weather predictions are more accurate these days than ever before as meteorologists are aided by a stunning array of technology to help them keep a close eye on what's going on with our weather systems.
- Different Types of Weather Instruments
- Modern Technology Used to Collect Weather Data
- How Weather Balloons are Used to Study Weather
- All About the Barometer: Working and Different Types
- Lessons on Wind Direction: Learn with Experiments
- Learning About Cold and Warm Weather Fronts
- The Monsoon - A Critical Event
- Earth's Atmosphere Vocabulary Terms
- The Nature of Thunderstorms
- Tropical Storms: A Destructive Weather Phenomenon
- Earth Science Vocabulary: Climate and Weather Vocabulary
- Earth Science Activities: Predicting Weather
- slide 4 of 5
Planning a Trip to the Moon?
Pick any spot on our planet and within seconds you can receive a clear analysis of its weather patterns; whether it is a monsoon over India or snowfall in the Antarctic continent, there are satellites that continuously monitor and record images of different regions of the Earth. And they don't just stop at gazing down at us because modern technology can also fill us in on the weather systems of other parts of the solar system, such as the moon, Jupiter and Mars, which is handy for when you're planning your next space jaunt.
- The Climate of the Northwest and Weather Changes
- How Climate and Weather Fronts are Related
- Know About the Weather of Jupiter
- Factors Affecting Weather in the Northwest
- How Do Oceans Affect Weather and Climate
- A List of Tropical Weather terms and Explanations
- The Monsoon - A Critical Event
- Climate Change and America: What's the Impact
- Learn About the Weather on Uranus
- The Weather and Temperature on Planet Venus
- How Space Weather Affects Life and Technology on Earth
- Climate Change and Plate Tectonics
- slide 5 of 5
Weather and Our Daily Life
Directly or indirectly, weather conditions affect our work habits and have a direct relation on our productivity in the office or factory. Our work timings, working methods, and work habits change with the weather.
And technology won't let us get away from it. Today Internet and mobile technology has made it possible to be kept updated with weather information all the time. Some people may still cling onto their seaweed or look at the early evening sky to predict the weather, but many others swear by the accuracy of their mobile apps.
- Why and How Weather Affects Our Productivity
- Checking the Weather With Android
- HR Weather Policies: Employees' Guidelines
- Best iPhone Weather Apps
- How Does the Weather Affect Our Helicopter Flights?
- Best Weather Apps: Get Weather Updates On Your Mobile
- How to Start a Conversation About the Weather - ASL
- Spanish Sayings About the Weather