1. Cut a portion of your cotton candle wick to a length will fit the mold that you have chosen.
2. Tightly wrap the cotton wick around the center of a Popsicle stick.
3. Lay the Popsicle stick directly on top of the candle mold, making sure that the wick is inserted into the mold and hangs directly in the center of the mold.
4. Heat the soy wax in a pot on low heat. It is important that the heat is low so the soy wax is at a manageable temperature. Constantly stir until it has reached the consistency that you wish.
5. Stick the thermometer into the melting soy wax, once it reaches between 170F – 175F, you may add the essential oils. Add about 3 drops, adjust according to the amount of wax that you are melting. If you are melting a small amount of wax add 2 drops, if a large amount, add a little more than 3 drops. You be the judge.
6. Remove from heat, and let the wax cool down for approximately 5-7 minutes. Or you can use your thermometer to monitor the wax, and once it reaches 145F you may pour your wax into the mold.
7. Pour your wax into the mold and wait an entire day before touching, moving, or removing from the candle mold.
8. Untie the Popsicle stick from the top portion of the wick.
9. Remove the candle from the mold.
10. Cut the wick to around ¼ inch.
11. Your scented soy wax candle is complete and ready to burn.