- slide 1 of 4
It is already known that the process of printing forms an integral part of our lives. In fact, it is used across all industries in some form. For those who are not aware, the printing industry ranks fourth in consuming energy and poses as a mounting threat against the existence of human beings and wildlife. It is because of this daunting truth that green printing is gaining popularity all across the globe. And yes, green printing is not about printing with green ink as many people conceive. The main advantage that green printing brings along with it is that it uses recycled material and thus the effect of the process on the atmosphere is at its bare minimum.
- slide 2 of 4
Advantages of Green Printing Techniques
There are a host of benefits that we can get by opting for green printing. Some of the most notable ones are:
- Minimization of electricity and power consumption
- Reduces the technological impact on the environment.
- Helps to make the Earth a better place to live in
- Allows for more post consumer products recyclability
- Allows for enhanced preservation of forest life
- Since green printing mostly uses energy alternatives, it facilitates the environment with cleaner power
- Facilitates research and actions on global warming
- slide 3 of 4
Best Green Printing Practices
Green printing practices are widely adopted by many organizations that are looking forth to consider the environment. If we can put forward our bits and contributions, then the world may become a much better place to live in. Let’s have a glance through some of the best green printing practices:’
- Try to recycle used ink, paper, or for that matter any kind of press solutions that have not found their existence in any of the final products.
- The press solutions that you may put into use in your daily life must be alcohol free.
- It is also environmentally beneficial if you can replace products that consume higher power or more electricity.
- You can use paper that is made from cotton, or other renewable plant sources instead of pulp from trees.
- You must also make an effort to reduce the energy consumption used to produce certain products. In this case, you can also consider using LED lighting or low wattage.
- Instead of putting all pages into print, consider printing pages that demand printing in particular. In this way you can reduce the page count and minimize printing.
- Watching your design elements is another way by which you can adopt the best of green printing practices. It is better if you can avoid large ink areas and bleeding as much as possible.
- Another best possible way is to go paperless. For that you may send emails rather than sending mails which require printed paper copies. The company announcements can be declared or delivered through websites or blogs rather than printed documents.
- For putting in further efforts you need to recycle inside and out. Right from your bins to copy machines, scratch paper to office equipments, do not hesitate to make all your materials are recycled. If needed, inform your clients and customers well in advance about the initiative that you have taken to go green.
- slide 4 of 4
If each one of us adopts some responsibility towards the betterment of our mankind by opting for green printing techniques, then the world will become a much better place to live in. It is your world and it is you who is going to live in this world; so it is your responsibility and duty to contribute towards the betterment of mankind.