IBM Cloud Computing - An Introduction
IBM cloud computing has a wide range of products. But as the saying goes, "too many cooks…". Is it true that due to the range, IBM is not able to deliver quality? As per a study published by TechTarget, IBM cloud computing products are too many for the company to handle. It says that this kind of variety is creating a hindrance for IBM to focus on improving the quality of offerings.
The following are just some of the many products offered by IBM cloud computing:
- IBM Webshere on AWS (Amazon Web Services) - a software that allows dynamic, on-demand infrastructure for applications that serve different business needs;
- IBM Smart Business - another test and development environment for software developers;
- IBM CloudBurst - helps in creating private clouds for businesses;
- IBM Application Development tools for cloud services;
- Tivoli Software for Cloud;
- IBM Federal Community Cloud; and many more.
Several of the IBM cloud computing services are priced highly when compared to other offerings in the cloud market. TechTarget says that even IBM acknowledges that these different products are blurring the very idea of cloud. As per David Parker, IBM's vice president of cloud computing marketing, "The more we push the idea of individual products, the more we get away from the concept of cloud".
As IBM knows the problem, I assume that the company must be working on different products to make them more viable to the consumers.
Having checked out the approach of IBM towards cloud, we will now review IBM Websphere to see where IBM cloud computing stands.
Image Credit: http://hothardware.com/News/IBM-Opens-Four-Cloud-Computing-Centers