- slide 1 of 5
Adding Music to Your iPod
You’ve just bought your iPod Shuffle, and you are ready to start adding songs to it. So, you are now faced with a question: how to put music on an iPod Shuffle? Well, there are a couple of ways of doing it. It just depends on how much work you want to go through.
- slide 2 of 5
Ripping Your CDs
The first and easiest way is to use iTunes. iTunes is Apple’s music organization library for all of the iPods and the iPhone and iPad as well. The reason that you got your iPod Shuffle was probably to get rid of all of your CDs. So, you first need to rip your CDs. To do this, follow the below instructions:
2. When Windows asks you want you want to do, select “Import songs using iTunes".
3. Hit OK.
Your iTunes will now open up and immediately start importing your music. If it doesn’t start immediately, then select the rip CD command at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
If Windows doesn’t pop up with a dialogue box asking what you want to do, then you simply can open up iTunes and start ripping the music.
- slide 3 of 5
Adding Music Through iTunes
Now, it’s time to actually add your music to your iPod. Leave iTunes open, and plug your iPod into your computer. iTunes should recognize your iPod nearly as soon as you plug it in. iTunes will survey your iPod Shuffle and determine what songs should be added to it. Then the program will import all of your songs to your player.
Do not unplug your iPod during the copying phase. Only remove it when iTunes says that it’s OK to disconnect your iPod. Now, you can go into your iPod Shuffle library and see all of your songs.
- slide 4 of 5
Adding Music Without iTunes
Many people just don’t like iTunes, and they try to avoid it as much as possible. So, if you don’t want to use iTunes, here’s a workaround.
1. Plug your iPod Shuffle into your computer.
2. Open iTunes, and go into the Settings tab
3. Select the Restore tab, and restore your iPod. Note: If you have anything on your iPod, this will erase all of that information. Always backup your iPod before you restore your iPod.
4. Install an iTunes alternative program like Anapop Explorer.
5. Depending on the program, you’ll probably see your iPod Shuffle icon within the program. Usually, you have to right-click on your iPod, and then hit connect or connect to iPod shuffle.
6. Browse through your folders, and select the songs that you want to add. Drag and drop them onto your iPod Shuffle.
7. Finally, disconnect your iPod after you finish adding all of your songs.
- slide 5 of 5