Have you just bought a universal remote control and are just about ready to pitch it? Don't! We can help! Learn how to program a Zenith Universal Remote Control today!
Programming Your Remote Control
Zenith Universal Remote Controls allow users to cut down on the number of remote controls that they have. Universal remote controls can be programmed to control a bunch of devices, including a television, DVR unit, receiver and DVD player. While it may seem easy to just follow the instructions in the manual, oftentimes it proves to be difficult for many people. So, to help you with this, here are step-by-step instructions on how to program a Zenith Universal Remote Control.
- First, turn on the device that you need to program.
- If you haven’t already done so, add the batteries to the remote, and then press the Code Search button. After a few seconds, the indicator light should come on.
Release the Code Search button.
- Find the button that corresponds to the device. If it’s the TV, find the TV button on the remote. Press and then release this button.
- Enter the three digit code for the device being programmed. Usually, this code can be found in the user manual. If you cannot find it in the user manual, go online to the manufacturer’s site and look it up there.
- Once the code has been entered, the indicator light on the Zenith Universal Remote Control will turn off.
- Test the system. Press the power button on the universal remote control. If programmed correctly, the device that you just programmed should turn off. If it does, your remote is now programmed with that device. If not, repeat the above steps until you can get the device programmed. If you can't, you may have to contact Zenith.
Finding Device Codes
Once you have completed the first device, you will have to continue programming all the rest of the devices in the same way.
Another way to find the three digit code is by going to the following site: www.xdiv.com/remotes/. This site has codes for many products by nearly all major manufacturers. If you cannot find your exact device, try using a code by the same manufacturer for a similar device or other model. Oftentimes, companies will use the same or similar codes for their devices.
Universal Remotes in Home Theaters
One caveat when it comes to universal remote controls. There have been many issues with universal remotes in home theater setups, especially when it comes to volume. Many of these remotes will only turn up the volume on the television. They don’t seem to register audio receivers as the main listening device. So, you may have to play around with your remote to ensure that it is working properly.
If you are having issues with your remote, you should try contacting Zenith Customer Support to assist you. Customer Service can be reached by calling 877-9Zenith or by visiting the Support section of their website.