Watching TV on the PC Using a Cable Modem
Before we begin, remember that unless your TV tuner supports HD broadcasts, you’ll be looking at analog signal, and if you’re not big into the whole 720p movement, you won’t notice the difference too radically between a 1080i picture and a 576p or however low the TV tuner is set to.
1. Make sure the Windows PC has Windows Media Center already installed or XBMC (for this guide, I’m recommending WMC over XBMC, as it is more optimized for TV broadcasts).
2. Connect the cable modem to the TV tuner card using the coaxial connection on the back.
3. Make sure the cable is firmly connected in the jack on both ends.
4. Start up the PC and run all the necessary updates to the TV tuner card’s drivers.
5. Next, run the Windows Media Center program and select the TV option.
Once inside, navigate the menus and you should be able to watch Live TV through your PC!