- slide 1 of 4
Download the GSAK Tool
The Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) is a free management tool that allows you to keep track of waypoints and your geocaching statistics. You can then add these statistics to your Geocaching.com profile. But, do you need to learn how to create a geocaching stats page with GSAK? Well, first of all, you need to download and install GSAK.
Go to the GSAK website and download the software. It’s completely free to use. Then, find the FindStatsGen3.gsk macro on the site, and install the latest version of it. Do the same for the GenUploadStats.gsk and AddLogs.gsk. Then, download macros from the GSAK page, and select Install the macro. Then select Go. This will install the macros on your computer.
Next, you need to create a statistics database, which will hold all of your geocache finds. To do this, follow the below instructions.
1. Go to Database, and then select New from the dropdown menu.
2. Name your database.
3. Select Create.
- slide 2 of 4
Add Stats to Your Database
1. Go to Geocaching.com, and log into your account.
2. Open up your profile, and select Member Features, which is located on the top bar.
3. Open up the Pocket Query Generator, and hit the Add to queue button on the My Finds section. You can only run this query once every seven days. If you have run it within this timeframe, then it will appear shaded in gray, and you won’t be able to click it.
4. You will receive your statistics via email, and you need to download them.
5. Now, open up GSAK, and open your statistics zip file. You can find the zip file by going to File and Load, and then selecting your file.
- slide 3 of 4
Adjusting Your Database
Now that your statistics are imported, you need to make some further adjustments to the database:
1. Go into the Database update options, and select Newer only.
3. Within How to handle the additional Geocaching waypoints, select As child waypoint.
4. In the Load type, select Load files.
You can leave the rest of the settings alone. Then, just Save your settings, and select OK. GSAK will locate and import the data from your database.
- slide 4 of 4
Add Your Hides
If you want to add the geocaches that you have hidden, then you can import them as well. But, you need to filter your database so that it only shows the hides. To do this, go to Search, and then Filter. Select Ret All, and type in your login name at the Placed by box. Now, hit Go, and run the AddLogs.gsk macro. You may have to type in your login data. If prompted, do so. Then, you need to change the following settings:
1. Select the Found (all types) in Logs.
2. Enter a log cutoff date.
3. Select the Get OwnerID from GC.com.
4. In the Run Options, select the Move to Next Waypoint When Done and Set User Flag When Done.
5. Hit OK.
To add all of this information to your profile, run the GenUploadStats.gsk macro, and follow the steps in the wizard. Finally, GSAK will add all of this data to your Geocaching.com profile.