If you are looking for a small GPS for your car that will get you where you are going without taking up too much space, then give one of these models a try. Big enough to be seen clearly without blocking, these GPS units are perfect for smaller cars.
For most of us, space can be an issue. If you are going on a long trip or if you just happen to be cursed with a small windshield, then getting your hands on the smallest possible GPS may be a wise idea. Provided that you have no issue with slightly smaller text and maps, then this is a great option. Today, we will take a look at some of the smallest GPS models available for you and your car.
TomTom GO 630 GPS Navigation System
The TomTom GO 630 GPS Navigation System measures 3.3 inches by 4.7 inches. It comes in at just 7.7 ounces. It has a wide screen for easy vieweing. Some of the features that you will find in this model include:
- Maps of the United States and Canada with TomTom Map Share: Modify your own map and benefit from other verified changes with TomTom Map Share
- Bluetooth Handsfree Calling: Make and answer phone calls safety while driving with your Bluetooth-compatible mobile phone
- Spoken Street Names: The TomTom GO 630 GPS Navigation System announces turn-by-turn directions aloud including street and place names
Garmin Nuvi 275T
At 3.5 inches, this is small enough to keep you happy with a big enough screen to keep you going without any screen strain. Some of the features that you have if you get this model include:
- Maps of the USA and Europe that allow you to add custom points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras
- Hands-free calling with your Bluetooth and a built-in microphone and speaker
- The "Where Am I?" emergency locator that helps you to find local hospitals, police stations, and gas stations
One Final Option
There is one final option that you should consider. Your cell phone may have a GPS feature on it. On some models, this may be useful only as a last resort. If, however, you have a Smartphone with a decent sized screen, then this may be a good day to day choice. Just be ready to invest in a stand for the device. It may cost you a little bit, but, in the long run, it will be much less expensive then buying a GPS unit.
On the whole, getting a micro-sized GPS that fits your life does not have to be an expensive affair or even a time consuming one. Now you can get where you’re going without sacrificing too much space with these suggested solutions.