Saving Your Favorites and Settings
If you are going to want your favorites and settings to transfer over to your new map, then follow these steps:
1. Click on “Start"
2. Click on “My Computer"
3. Click on the icon for your TomTom drive
4. Find your map folder and double click on it. This folder will have a label like "South_America" or "Western_Europe"
5. Find the map_settings .cfg file. Single click this file
6. Choose edit from the menu bar above then “Copy"
7. Paste this file onto your desktop for now
1. Double click the TomTom device icon
2. Double click the map folder
3. Single click on the “Map settings" folder
4. Choose “Edit" then “Copy" from the menu bar
5. Paste the file in your documents folder for now
1. Click “Start" then “Computer"
2. Double click on the icon for your TomTom, this will be a removable device icon
3. Double click on the map folder
4. Single click on the map settings .cfg file
5. Choose “Organize" then “Copy"
6. Paste the file onto your desktop for storage