Changing Your Screen
But, if you still want to hack our Honda GPS system, then you can change your car navigation screen. You can change the look of it and the text. To do this, follow the below directions:
1. First of all, insert your Honda Navigation DVD into your computer, and copy all of the bin files. This will backup all of your data in case you accidentally delete something.
2. You must also copy the following files as well:
3. Once you done copying your files, you must create the picture that you want to use, and you must save it with the following specifications.
a. Dimensions must be 480 x 234.
b. You must also save it as a 24-bit BMP image with less than 250 colors.
4. Use the HVCT software program to change your image into the correct format, and name your file
Next, use either the CEbin or the Bysin.exe software program (depending on your vehicle model) to delete your old bin and replace it with the new one. You must create a text file with the following text to use CEbin:
replacefile Opening1.bmp Opening1.bmp
5. Save this file as replace.bat.
6. Go to your command prompt, and input cebin replace.bat.
7. Rename the generated 05Touch2.new to 05Touche2.bin.
8. Burn this data to a CD.
9. Start up your navigation, and press the Map/Guide, Cancel and Menu buttons at the same time. Hold it down until you see Diagnosis Items.
10. Click on Version, and insert your newly burned disc.
11. Hit the Map/Guide, Cancel and Menu buttons, and select Version again.
12. Wait for the progress bar to finish, and your new screen will now appear.