Available PhD Programs in Child Development
- Ph.D. in Child Development
Accreditation: Erikson Institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (NCA) based in Chicago.
Tuition: $770 per semester credit hour
One-time application fee for Ph.D. programs: $50
One-time matriculation fee for Ph.D. programs: $150
- Annual student fees covering library, technology, and activity costs: $400
Total Program Completion Credits: 42 credit hours beyond the master’s degree
Note: Students take courses at both Erikson and Loyola, beginning with a seven-course child development core at Erikson.
Available programs of study:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology
- PSY6020 - Topics in Child and Adolescent Development
- PSY7220 - Child Psychology
Accreditation: Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Tuition per quarter:
- Coursework: $4,485
- Comps/Dissertation: $3,945
Total Program Credits: 120 Credits
Note: Up to 48 quarter credits may be transferred into this program.
Specialization: School Psychology
- It emphasizes psychology and education in child development.
Accreditation: Walden University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Application fee: $50 for each program
Tuition 2009–2010: $445 per quarter credit hour
Technology Fee: $35 per quarter
174 total quarter credit hours, course-based
- Core courses (126 cr.)
- Dissertation (30 cr.)
- Field experience (18 cr.)