Louisiana State University (LSU) has a wonderful online learning and independent study program. Students from LSU and other institutions can use these courses to finish a wide variety of degree programs. Here's information about online opportunities at LSU and why distance learning is important.
Overview of LSU's Independent Study Program
Louisiana State online classes are available for a wide variety of undergraduate and high school courses. From accounting to word processing, students interested in any field can find college courses through the Louisiana State online class program. The best part of Louisiana State online classes is the cost. A three hour course can be completed for $250.
Perfect for Those at Other Universities
If you are trying to complete a degree program at a brick and mortar university, using Louisiana State online classes as an educational supplement can help you reach your goals more quickly. This is because the online courses are self-paced and you are given up to nine months to complete a course.
Before you enroll in one of the Louisiana State online classes, make sure that you check with your university to make sure that the credits will transfer. Nothing is worse than taking a course, only to find out later that the class won't transfer.
Perhaps you already have an undergraduate degree, or maybe you don't have the time to invest in a four year program. If either of those situations sound like you, you can complete a certificate program using Louisiana State online classes entirely. A certificate program can help you receive an entry level job and can be completed on your own time.
For those with an undergraduate degree that wish to enter the field of accounting, LSU's online certificate in accounting will give you fifteen hours of college level accounting courses.
Tips for Online Classes
Individuals who are disciplined and manage their time wisely will find Louisiana State online classes to be an economical and effective way to get the education they desire. Those who don't have very good time management skills may be intimidated by the online course structure. For those who are intimidated, there are five things to remember about completing online classes at LSU.
- Set aside a certain amount of time daily to complete your online course.
- Most Louisiana State online classes have examinations that must be proctored at a local university or at Louisiana State's facilities. Make arrangements for your exams a couple weeks in advance. This will make you study and help decrease the risk of procrastination.
- Don't rely on your textbook. A textbook is a valuable tool, but relying on a textbook for information won't help you when you go to take the exam.
- Don't procrastinate, but don't complete lessons too quickly either. LSU only accepts three lessons per week. This is to help you make sure you are learning the material.
- Take your final exam at least thirty (30) days before you need your final grade. This will help make sure that you get your Louisiana State online class grades in plenty of time for your individual deadline.