Capitol College offers some great online masters degrees in some of the top technical fields. Many of these programs have been named a Best Buy and have been endorsed by high profile agencies. Read on to see what Capitol College can offer you.
Introducing Capitol College
Capitol College is an independent college in Laurel, Maryland. The campus does offer some great undergraduate programs, but online students will be happy to hear about the college’s online masters degrees. Capitol College is also regionally accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
There are six online masters degrees and six graduate certificate programs offered at Capitol College.
- Masters in Business Administration – requires completion of 36-39 credits.
- MS in Computer Science – requires completion of 30 credits. Students can transfer up to six graduate credits into the program. This program has been awarded the Best Buy for Online Computer Science degrees from Geteducated.com.
- MS in Electrical Engineering – requires completion of 30 credits. Up to six graduate credits can be transferred into the program. This program has been awarded the Best Buy for Online Degrees in Engineering by Geteducated.com. As a program designed primarily for practitioners, this specific program has been chosen as one of eight programs endorsed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). IEEE members also receive a tuition discount.
- MS in Information Assurance – requires completion of 36 credits. Up to nine graduate credits can be transferred into this program. This program has been designated by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education.
- MS in Information Technology Systems Management - requires completion of 38 credits. Students can transfer up to nine graduate credits into this program. Since this degree is an interdisciplinary program, students can choose specializations in leadership, information assurance and technology management law and policies.
- MS in Internet Engineering – requires completion of 30 credits. Students can transfer up to six graduate credits into the program.
- Certificates – available in Client-Server and Wireless Devices, Component Technologies and Online Collaboration, Global Telecommunications Systems, Information Assurance Administration, Information Technology, and Network Protection and Security Management. Certificate programs consist of four classes and can be applied to a masters program later.
Online Class Format
The online masters degrees are conducted using a combination of both 8 week and 16 week long semesters. All classes are taught by professors who have over 11 years of experience in their field. Classes use both synchronous and asynchronous methods. Synchronous means that classes are held online at a specific time. These portions are usually held on evenings and weekends. Asynchronous means students are able to access course material on their own time and are not on a set schedule.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the online masters degrees at Capitol College is $540 per credit hour. Graduate students are required to pay at least half of tuition when they register. Financial aid is available, so it is important to contact the financial aid office for assistance as soon as you apply.
Application and Admissions
Applying to Capitol College is pretty simple. If you submit the application online, there is no application fee. After you submit the application, request official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to be sent to Capitol. Then it’s time to contact the financial aid office to have them assist you in securing financial assistance.
There are not a lot of admission requirements for Capitol College. You must have graduated from an undergraduate program with a 3.0. Students who have earned a 2.5 but did well on the GRE or GMAT may submit their test scores as part of their application.