- slide 1 of 3
The principal telephoned my room. "Mr. Daltrey, we need you next door. Mr. Townsend needs help." I raced over.
"Mr. Townsend, what's wrong?"
"Who are you, Tommy?" he snapped, "I can't believe these kids. They keep asking, 'I need to know what I got on the Greek and Latin roots assignment. Can I check my grades online?' over and over. They're not like my generation. We waited until grade day to get our grades--Can I check my grades online? Go stare at pictures of Lily online and leave me alone, I tell them--"
"Mr. Townsend," I interrupted, "The kids are alright. They're referring to the Edulink Intouch system our school just adopted. It's really easy to set up. Let me show you..."
- slide 2 of 3
Edulink is much more than an online grade checking system. Check out these features:
- Edulink allows for easy input of student data from Class XP and other school database programs.
- Exporting scores from Easy Grade Pro and other grade programs is easy.
- With proper identification, Internet users may access the following:
- Student Demographic Data
- Emergency Information
- Disciplinary Incidents
- Health Data
- Course Requests
- Class Schedules
- Test Scores
- Course History
- Graduation Requirements
- slide 3 of 3
I'll be honest with you. I never had any problems, so I never had to access their online support. Here are some suggestions for making Edulink more efficient at your school:
- Offer periodic, voluntary training.
- Make a particular day of the weak mandatory for uploading grades.
- Train a person in each department or school wing as an expert. Make sure he or she is friendly.
- Have the computer person at your school set up a gradebook template and put it on the school server. The Internet display looks much more professional with uniformity.
- Have the data imported from the school database into your electronic gradebook. Typos may prevent a student from showing up properly. With Edulink, unlike other online grades system, identifiers are easy to modify.
- Upload your grades on Friday. Golf on Saturday.