Configuring Windows 7 Firewall Rules
Windows 7 Firewall rules can be configured easily via the Control Panel. To get started, go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
In the next screen, you will see the current configuration of the Windows Firewall. On the left pane, the following are listed:
• Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall – configure the firewall to allow connections to the rest of your network or the Internet by a specific program
• Change notification settings – alter how Windows 7 firewall alerts you to problems
• Turn Windows Firewall on or off
• Restore defaults – reset Windows Firewall
• Advanced Settings – setup complex firewall rules
Each of these can be used to configure how the Windows Firewall behaves in a various situations. For instance, the Advanced Settings screen can be used to set Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.These are usually configured automatically, but by using the Advanced Settings screen Windows 7 firewall rules can be manually setup.