Post Installation Cleanup
This section covers restoring our settings and files created by the Easy Transfer wizard.
1) Once Windows 7 is installed and you are able to log in, click the Start button, then Computer. You can now browse for your Easy Transfer file that you saved back in the first section. Double click on your Easy Transfer package.
2) If you chose to use a password when creating your Easy Transfer package, enter it when prompted.
3) On the next page, you can choose which accounts get transferred to Windows 7. Keep the defaults and click Transfer.
4) Once the transfer is complete, you can view a report of what applications were installed on your XP system by clicking the “See a list of programs you might want to install on your new computer" link.
5) Click the Close link when you are done and restart your computer if prompted.
6) After logging back into Windows, you will need to install any applications that you want installed under Windows 7. You will need to check with the manufacturer if you aren’t sure about how to install a specific application. Just be sure to install your security software first – anti-virus and firewall especially - to ensure your computer remains a safe computing environment.
Hopefully you had a smooth transition from Windows XP to Windows 7!